AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox and SBS-1  (Read 7336 times)

spotter70

Radarbox and SBS-1
« on: July 22, 2007, 09:42:41 AM »
Hello
Just would like to conduct a pole to see who has Radarbox and SBS-1 running together.
Also those users of Radarbox only .
I myself have the Radarbox but not SBS-1 .
Would like to know from fellow users the differences between the 2 whats good and what could be better.
I understand Airnav are bringing out a software update very soon so would to see what changes are going to be made.
Also i was in conversation yesterday who had said that if the Radarbox is connected to an outside aerial it could render it useless .
Any comment from Airnav on this please.
Rgards
Spotter70

flightchecker

Re: Radarbox and SBS-1
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:22:23 AM »
Hello Spotter70

...................Also i was in conversation yesterday who had said that if the Radarbox is connected to an outside aerial it could render it useless................

Won't anticipate AirNavs answer on this, (if there is one at all) but my advice would be: NEVER listen to that one anymore you have been "in conversation with".
(At least not, if it is about antennas)

May be, AirNav has an answer on this. that is more diplomatic than mine.

Regards

Karl

DaveG

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 10:33:04 AM »
"Also i was in conversation yesterday who had said that if the Radarbox is connected to an outside aerial it could render it useless ."

Rubbish....

My RadarBox is connected to external Aerial, the same one I use for SBS-1 and it works just the same as when connected to SBS.
Cornwall, UK

spotter70

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 10:59:31 AM »
is this then dependent on the aerial used .
All i know that the info i recieved was from a genuine source and not some fella down the pub............

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »
Hi Spotter70,

That isn't the case, we have many customers across the world who are using a external antenna with/or without a mast head preamp and are experiencing no issues.

I would advise you to get your friend to contact us, so we can rectify his issue. Remember if you have any issue please get in contact with us so we can rectify otherwise we will never know of any issue :)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 02:44:40 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 09:56:31 PM »
"Also i was in conversation yesterday who had said that if the Radarbox is connected to an outside aerial it could render it useless ."

Rubbish....

My RadarBox is connected to external Aerial, the same one I use for SBS-1 and it works just the same as when connected to SBS.

Dave how many aircraft do you typically have on your SBS-1 screen? How close are you to a major airport?

Regards

CHRIS @ ML&S

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 10:12:46 PM »
This changes from day-to-day.  I'm located 1nm north of RNAS Culdrose and as such have no major Civil airports close apart from St Mawgan (Newquay) but that is not busy.

Most of my traffic comes from overflights via Lands End & Berry Head, but with coverage from France at 150-200+ nm

In the morning the screen can be full with traffic as it heads out/in from the continent and US.
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 12:14:15 AM »
We are finishing the work on the issue as well as all other bug reports.
The new patch will also have some surprises.
Just wait a few more days. :-)