anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes  (Read 49026 times)

Wayne

Re: Routes
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2008, 09:22:45 PM »
As a major instigator of this I do accept and agree that the amount of flights showing these defects is very low and it in no means detracts from the enjoyment of using RB.

However, if the routes table already holds correct information (as it in the majority of cases does) then surely RB should read from it's local source firstly rather than somewhere else otherwise what is the point of comitting data to the database if it is only to be ignored in future.

This is just me trying to understand the logic behind it all !

Wayne

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2008, 09:25:45 PM »
Wayne,

Sorry you have mentioned that before and its got lost in all the posts. Yes we agree with you and that would be a software bug and it is being looked at.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

clayton4115

« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 02:51:49 AM »
can someone please enlighten me on what this routes is about, as i dont have RB yet, are these routes the actual routes airlines use, ie hi routes and low routes, if so are these incorporated in the software so we can see what jet airway an aircraft is using?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 06:34:47 AM »
can someone please enlighten me on what this routes is about, as i dont have RB yet, are these routes the actual routes airlines use, ie hi routes and low routes, if so are these incorporated in the software so we can see what jet airway an aircraft is using?

No.  It's purely a reference to the origin and destination airports for a given flight number - nothing to do with how the aircraft navigates from A to B.

The issues currently being debated are:

a)  how to ensure that this information is correct

and

b)  the best way to handle a flight that has several intermediate stops

HTH
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

John Racars

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »
To be honest: it looks AirNav is busy to repair their routedatabase. This afternoon I was happy to see that BAW7 now have the correct information. It is EGLL-RJAA now.

Hi All,

Unfortunately I have to correct myself today. BAW7 is today EGLL-CYUL again....

I do not spend one word to this subject anymore. In other words: I am fed up with it.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

clayton4115

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2008, 01:34:20 AM »
hi back to my initial question, so does RB also have the Jetairways incorporated in the software, so if i had RB i could see the ac following a particular airway? i know another person who has the "other" box and he broadcasts in live on the net and i can actually see the aircraft following a jet airway, is this also available in RB?

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2008, 01:47:28 AM »
hi back to my initial question, so does RB also have the Jetairways incorporated in the software, so if i had RB i could see the ac following a particular airway? i know another person who has the "other" box and he broadcasts in live on the net and i can actually see the aircraft following a jet airway, is this also available in RB?

Jetairways is not on the routes list no. You will see iy on the screen but not route info.

clayton4115

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2008, 03:02:26 AM »
ok thanks, thats a real shame, as now i can see actual routes the aircraft is flying on the "other" one.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2008, 06:30:32 AM »
Clayton,

It is possible to show the airways and air routes on RadarBox - you can use exactly the same outline files as used by the SBS-1, although it does depend on where you are in the world as to what is available.  I'm sure RadarBox has soe built in anyway.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you here.  What is the link to the live page you are referring to, then we can see what you want. I can then set up my RadarBox the same and show you on my FTP upload page.

Allocator

clayton4115

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »
hi Allocator, this kind gentleman is broadcasting his SBS-1 box on the net, as you can see it has jet airways out of brisbane, and the ac follow the tracks, i was wondering if RB has something similiar?

http://www.balus.info/

click on live radar.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2008, 11:29:18 AM »
Yes, Radarbox has Airways as standard
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:35:43 AM by tarbat »

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2008, 03:01:52 PM »
He's talking about JETAirways not airways.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »
He's talking about JETAirways not airways.

No, he's talking about jet airways [airways used by jets], not JetAirways, or even Jet Airways.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

clayton4115

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2008, 12:00:54 AM »
sweet thanks tarbat, thats what i was after!

Deadcalm

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2008, 10:22:28 AM »
Just to resurrect this thread (I think it's important) is there any news on the routes issue being resolved in the near future, Airnav?

In an earlier post you said: "We have a RB in London which is using then online database and its uploading screenshots and nearly 98% of ADS-B flights have the routes and are correct"

Take a look at this typical screenshot - yes, I know it's in France, but:

There are approximately 41 live (from my antenna) flights on screen, of them only 7 show routes (that's only 17% at best - nowhere near 98%)

Of those 41, 21 are flights operatedby UK/Irish airlines and either emanate in the UK, or are destined for the UK.  Of those 21, only 4 display a route (that's 19%, again nowhere near 98%)

I am aware that you say that you cannot guarantee route resolution for all countries (you have specified Europe in previous posts), but considering that Radarbox is available worldwide, maybe a higher percentage would be desirable?

DC
Go around, I say again go around...