anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes  (Read 49027 times)

dumpty

Routes
« on: August 20, 2008, 07:37:27 AM »
Hi,

Thank you Airnav for the great new version.Excellent!

My only problem is the amount of routes showing is exactly the same as before with loads missing.The routes are in Database Explorer but are not showing for the flights on the display or in the routes column.

Am i doing anything wrong?

Many Thanks

Simon

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Routes
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 07:41:06 AM »
Is that on local aircraft (in the MyFlights tab) or network aircraft (in the Network tab)?

dumpty

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 10:09:06 AM »
Hi Tarbat

Both of them.

Simon

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:11:50 AM »
Okay.  I wonder if this is the old problem of blank routes on network aircraft populating into local flights when they come in range.

Maybe Airnav can answer.  Do network aircraft get their routes from the local Navdata routes table, or from what's shared over the network?  And what happens when that network aircraft comes into local range - does ANRB do a lookup on the Navdata routes table?

EDIT 1:  I can answer the first part of my question.  ANRB does NOT get the route information from the Navdata routes table for network aircraft.  This shows network aircraft AFR040, which has a route (LFPG-KSEA) in my routes table:

EDIT 2: And to answer my second question.  When AFR040 transitioned into local range and appeared on MyFlights, the route was still blank, even though there's an entry in the routes table.

EDIT 3: By turning OFF network flights, and then turning OFF hardware flights, and then turning hardware flights back ON, the route then appeared for AFR040.

So, looks like a repeat of the bug report at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=687.msg5230#msg5230
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 10:40:04 AM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 11:33:36 AM »
Thanks Tarbat we will investigate that.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 05:28:31 PM »
Hi

Just to add to this I have some routes populating but I would say 80% to 90% of flights on the map are not showing routing information. This is on both local and network traffic.

Currently I have AFR1168, BAW085 and EXS207 all minus route information but when I check the Routes table via Database Explorer they are all there and are correct.

I have spent the last two days very close to LHR and hardly any of the aircraft I saw whilst there were showing route information. This happens on both numeric  and alpha numeric combinations of flight number.

Whwn I check Database Exploere I can see routes that have been added yesterday and today so the information seems to be there but it's just not displaying.

I switched to 2009 on Wednesday night and I am fairly sure this worked well then as I can distinctly remembered that it was good that alpha numeric flight numbers were now showing route information. Of the 19 or so aircraft I have on screen right now only 3 of them are displaying route info.

Should I have copied some file or other before the upgrade ?

Thanks

Wayne

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 05:33:22 PM »
Wayne,

Think you have corrupted something as this site below using 2009 near LHR shows the route info for nearly all. Were you adding or changing files? using the network?

http://www.akzah.com/blog/static.php?page=radarboxLondon
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:37:05 PM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Wayne, try running it with local traffic only for a few hours, and you'll probably see the routes appearing then.  If the aircraft FIRST appears in the network list, then it will not get the route data from your local routes table.

Not a long term solution of course, but it will at least prove the point.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 05:37:48 PM »
The network will be upgrade soon to have that info.
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 06:59:57 PM »
What exactly would I have corrupted ?

Yes I can see route info on the screen you have attached but I can only report what I saw. I was running RB with no internet connection present in the house and I haven't made any changes to anything. I am now at home and the same is happening here. I now have 21 flights on screen and not a single one is showing route info.

Thanks Tarbat, I will use local only for a while and see what happens but in effect that is what I was doing for the two days I was in Windsor.

If I have corrupted something then can I do something to rectify it and more to the point what do you mean by "The network will be upgraded soon to have that info" ?

Wayne

I am often in Windsor and always saw route information prior to installing 2009 but honestly the numbers of flights showing routes this time was negligible.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »
Wayne,

If you have no internet it can't connect to our server and get the latest routes it picks up.

Example, ifs BAW036 appears and its not in the local database it then checks on the server and gets the route data.

Don't worry about the network we mentioned, if you weren't running it at the time thats not your issue.

Edit we have reread the post:

As mentioned above by Tarbat there is  issue regarding transitioning aircraft from network to local with no routes. This should be rectified soon. This might be the issue you are having at home.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 07:07:20 PM by AirNav Support »
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »
Excuse me if I am missing the point here but I have internet right now at home and have very few aircraft on the map displaying route info. When I have been away I have no access to internet, just as I wouldn't have if I were at any airport, and I saw no route information and I used to see this information when using 1.5

The flights I have picked up are in my local database as per the three examples I gave you earlier so I don't need to get the info from your server becuse it is already known to the table 'routes'

I checked whilst I was away because it was so unusual that I didn't see the information and in all cases the routes table held the info. I'm not talking about anything exotic here but very frequent, regular BA flights

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 07:19:57 PM »
Wayne,

Were they being tracked on the network first as per the bug mentioned?

If they weren't reinstall 2009 again, it sounds like something went wrong with your route table then.
[email protected]

Wayne

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 07:30:25 PM »
Well as I see it not by my RB because I was using the kit without any internet so I couldn't have had the newtwork connect. Where I stayed had no internet provision (strange I know !)

Will try Tarbat's solution for a while but then do a re-install.

I presume I can just use the link to install 2.0 again, I don't have to delete anything in case of file conflicts ?

Incidentally, what file do I take a copy of to make sure I keep my log  as i forgot last time and lost my logs ! If there are any other files I should secure I would be most grateful for your advice.

Wayne

testmonkey

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 08:55:14 PM »
Incidentally, what file do I take a copy of to make sure I keep my log  as i forgot last time and lost my logs ! If there are any other files I should secure I would be most grateful for your advice.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

Take a copy of MyLog.db3 from your RB\data folder. You may also want to take a copy of NavData.db3 from the same location if you want to keep any changes that have been added (new aircraft, routes etc.) since you did the install.
testmonkey
--------------------------------------------
RB - MVT9000 - UBC30XLT (for acars)