AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com > AirNav RadarBox and RadarBox24.com Discussion

New Silhouettes

(1/244) > >>

RodBearden:
Well, we've got V2.0 and its silhouettes. Personally I find them a bit boring, most of them look pretty much alike. So I've been having a play, and come up with some alternatives, based on photos, as in the two examples below.

If you would like to try them, just do a backup copy of the Data/Silhouettes folder (you may prefer the originals after you've tried mine!) and unzip the two zips (one in this post, one in the following post due to forum size restrictions) into that folder, overwriting the existing files.

I'm personally not convinced that I want the silhouettes column at all, even with my own pics in it, but it's possibly worth a try.

There are a lot left to do, and it's open to imaginative use - do add your own work to this thread if you like the idea.

AirNav have said that the maximum size is 68 pixels width (x 16 pixels high), but the column is currently wide enough for 80px pictures, I've done 76 px width to be the same size as logos.

Do let me know if you like the idea.

Rod

RodBearden:
Here's part two of the zip

Rod

Bethsalem:
I Like your take on the silhouettes column, keep them coming.

Allocator:
Rod, you're doing it again!

Not satisfied with giving yourself the job of redoing all the logo's, you've started on a new mission - ha ha!

I must admit that I wasn't too keen on the silhouettes at first, but now they act as an "attention getter" for anything out of the ordinary.  Yes, all the airliners do tend to look the same, but the heli's and light aircraft show up well.  I'm sure that I will back up my silhouettes folder at some point and try your small photos too as they do look good.

Thanks again for all the work you've done :-) 

tarbat:
Allocator, that's exactly why I requested the silhouettes feature in the first place.  It's a great way of spotting the more unusual aircraft in the list - for example:

A bit like those aircraft recognition charts   I'm just not sure photos would work for me.  But each to their own!

I have added one new silhouette, to help me spot aircraft with "..." in the ICAOType:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version