AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Flight Tracking  (Read 5501 times)

mick1000

Flight Tracking
« on: July 18, 2007, 08:16:39 PM »
Hi. Havn't yet bought the product but wish to ask one question. I am mainly into Biz Jets and if I track a Biz Jet I would like to see will the Software display it's Origin and Destination?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Flight Tracking
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 08:20:06 PM »
Hi. Havn't yet bought the product but wish to ask one question. I am mainly into Biz Jets and if I track a Biz Jet I would like to see will the Software display it's Origin and Destination?

Chances are that you won't see the position of Biz Jets and almost certainly you won't see the origin and destination.  It seems to be a policy decision by the Biz Jet operators to give their clients a degree of confidentiality.

Much the same as military aircraft - you won't see where these are either.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:10:24 AM »

Chances are that you won't see the position of Biz Jets and almost certainly you won't see the origin and destination.  It seems to be a policy decision by the Biz Jet operators to give their clients a degree of confidentiality. Much the same as military aircraft - you won't see where these are either.

Hi there,

Some bizz jets do track but in total it is still a very small proportion of the number out there!.  It would be hard to justify paying for SBS1 or Radarbox purely for bizzjets, however, in conjunction with an airband radio it is possible to identify bizz jets on approach to an airport (in my case Luton) from call sign, part of registration and altitude (not shown for non ADS-B aircraft on radarbox at present but understand will soon be).  It allows me to positively identify most aircraft with a combination of the two systems radio/Mode-S.

spotter70

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 08:43:10 PM »
Also Regarding Bizjets i have positively identified some but not all through my local traffic log with network turned off as it seems to be be very accurate as soon as the signal is found and the Alert function is activated i have got my "bins" at hand and i look outside have quick look around and i have very rarely i may add bagged a bizjet ,some at high altitude on a clear day.
As time goes  on maybe more bizjets will have the capability or will have to use this function.
I agree with Roadrunner if bizjets is all you want then its a lot to fork out for a limited aircraft field .
But so far mine has been excellent and i have bagged loads a superb investment as far as i am concerned
Regards
Spotter70