anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Live data difference  (Read 13668 times)

DaveG

Live data difference
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:57:43 PM »
Hope someone can answer this....

If you look at the attached image, I had Network data turned off, and yes I got more live contact but...

If you look at the map and data list there is a difference, more contacts in map than on list...

Why ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Cornwall, UK

DaveG

Re: Live data difference
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 05:59:22 PM »
Should have said, there are no filters on and the data list is at the top of list.

(additional note)
For next software release can someone fix the vertical scrollbar so that it shows position of scroll same as horizontal

Cornwall, UK

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 06:29:07 PM »
Did that occur when you switch network data off, or does that happen regardless of having network data on before?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 06:31:15 PM »
nope happened for sometime after switching network off.  Which in a way is good as it shows on the left what was live with network on, and what was live on the right with network off.  But did take about 10 mins to sort its self out.
Cornwall, UK

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 06:36:40 PM »
nope happened for sometime after switching network off.  Which in a way is good as it shows on the left what was live with network on, and what was live on the right with network off.  But did take about 10 mins to sort its self out.

DaveG,

Have you read my comments on this thread?

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=115.0

DaveG

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 06:47:21 PM »
just read it, had done before.  Agree it does seem there is an issue with priority being given to network contacts over live.  At least that is what we are seeing!!
Cornwall, UK

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 07:15:14 PM »
OK Dave,

Yes, the processing priority does need a tweek I think.  Without knowing how AirNav processes the data, it's hard to say what is happening.

AirNav, I've been a beta tester for you before and I'm quite happy to do it again - I'm very cheap, free in fact!

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »
Dave,

This may seem a dumb question but did you note that the aircraft listing scroll bar is part way down the list. It does not sit at the top - or where you set it as with SBS1 but seems to stay at the bottom of the list. According to the list total there are 19 but I can only count 15 on screen :-)

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 09:03:51 PM »
Hi Roadrunner,

Yes I noticed that, in my window it does not move from the centre location, even after scrolling, hence my comment on it above.  The list in the image is all that was listed at that time.
Cornwall, UK

Roadrunner

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 10:18:33 AM »
Strange that it should count contacts without even showing them in the list.  Must admit I have not been using my RB for a couple of days as I wanted to concentrate on my SBS1 and to pick up as many contacts as possible from Fairford....

Allocator

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 10:37:43 AM »
Strange that it should count contacts without even showing them in the list.  Must admit I have not been using my RB for a couple of days as I wanted to concentrate on my SBS1 and to pick up as many contacts as possible from Fairford....

I've found that if not all the aircraft are shown in the My Flights list, you can do a sort of "refresh" by running the mouse cursor over one of the live tracks on the map.  List total says 12 tracks, but you can only see 6 in the list, scroll up and down doesn't seem to do anything, put your mouse cursor over a live track and hey presto, 12 tracks in the aircraft list.

I haven't really done any testing with this, but it's just an impression I got whilst playing around with Network + live, then live only.

Anybody else seen this?

Roadrunner

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 12:02:51 PM »
Allocator,

Just looked at mine 19 according to list "total" only 13 actually listed. However, when I used mouse over the map, not particularly over a contact, the "total" then equals the number in the list which magically increases!  Has AirNav any comment to make on this ?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 12:15:30 PM »
This may be a refresh issue, so to keep processing down to a minimal however Development should reply soon.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 03:43:30 PM »
Hi DaveG

Let me know how often does that happen? Can you pls send an email to [email protected] so they route it to us and we take care of the issue directly?