anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 'my log'entries  (Read 5479 times)

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
'my log'entries
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:19:28 PM »
Do any changes or entries into 'my log' have any effect on the database? it would be a lot easier to alter or input new details on this screen rather than having to go looking for it in the database to edit or enter.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: 'my log'entries
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:24:46 PM »
No they don't, because this is a record of Live aircraft you have detected.  You don't want this to change the main database as this is a historical record.

besty

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 06:39:41 PM »
True but it seems a bit long winded to add or change any details, having to find them first on the database. There should be some quick way of adding or changing details. the SBS has a seperate reporter program that lets you work on the database. This would be easier than having to open and close the explore database window whenever you want to see what's going on you could just put it behind the RB window till you want it again but it would still be available and open for use.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:55:04 PM by besty8 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:20 PM »
The reporter program is nothing more than a database viewer - it opens the SQB file for viewing and editing. The database editor in RadarBox is essentially the same thing except in runs within RadarBox.

There are other free software around which can do similar outside RadarBox.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

besty

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »
Thats what i mean if you are using the sbs version you can keep it open at all times but behind your window when you aren't bust working on it. Rather than the RB version where you have to close it to see what's going on. Easier to minimize the sbs version, nothing wrong with rb version just a bit more awkward to get used too. I like the option of having them both open together so I can work on it when things get quiet for a few minutes, without having to open it and find what i'm looking for.