AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NooElec Dongle  (Read 10848 times)

abcd567

• CYYZ - Toronto
Re: NooElec Dongle
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 10:23:01 AM »
Alan. It's just the tablet. The laptop is working fine which is what is confusing me. I've looked at reinstalling on the laptop again to see if there is any difference otherwise I might return this dongle and get a replacement.
How do you connect the Dongle to Tablet? Do you use an OTG Cable? A defective OTG cable may be the cause.

tommyg

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »
It uses the USB port on the tablet just like the laptop. I think the port works as I can import/export my data files on PlaneBase between the two.
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2017, 12:02:04 PM »
Tommy,

What version of Windows on the tablet

As previously with Zadig, ensure the stick is inserted in the USB port then go to Options/ List all devices.  Enure it shows RTL2383UHDIR, under driver it will show Win USB (V6.1.7600.16385) in both driver windows separated by a green arrow.  Click on Reinstall driver, let it do its thing  and it will tell you the driver is installed successfully.

I don't know if the bit is needed but click on the down arrow to the right of Reinstall Driver and you will see Install WCID driver, click on it and it will then show reinstall driver click on it and it will advise successful

Switch off the tablet and then switch back on and start up radarbox software and hopefully now OK.

Sending the stick back wont be productive as it has proved it is working ok on your laptop so it must be the set up on the tablet

Alab

Runway 31

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
I tried the dongle with the antenna that came with it sitting on my north pacing window sill and its giving decent coverage of 60 miles all around

Alan
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 12:42:49 PM by Runway 31 »

tommyg

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2017, 03:39:28 PM »
Hi Alan.

As you say I think it is the tablet as when I go into zadig it shows bulk interface 0 or bulk interface 1. In the second one it shows RTL2383UHDIR then green arrow then WIN USB V6 etc. I tried that one then it shows WIN USB to WINUSB but still doesn't work as still get hardware not connected. The tablet is an ASUS T100. Have even looked at the zadig site to reset the dongle to factory settings so it has to be something with the tablet. Thinking of using windows recovery and reset the tablet to factory settings next to see if that works.
In list of devices I deduced that the bulk interface was the dongle as it doesn't show when not connected and doesn't show as RTL2383UHDIR
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 03:44:14 PM by tommyg »
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 04:39:05 PM »
Tommy,

As the dongle is working OK with the laptop there is nothing wrong with it.  It is still in the factory settings, you have not done anything to change it from the factory settings and I doubt if you could.

Does the computer make a noise when you plug in and unplug the dongle

Alan
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:41:25 PM by Runway 31 »

tommyg

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 06:43:21 PM »
Hi Alan.

Well I have followed all your instructions. reset the tablet and removed and reinstalled the programme, still no hardware connected. I think something in WIN10 on this tablet is preventing the drivers connecting. Not being a computer expert I am at a loss as to what is going wrong.
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 07:01:59 PM »
I have no idea Tommy.  Are the drivers in the Airnav driver folder

Alan

tommyg

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 07:06:20 PM »
The Airnav ones are but not the Zadig as far as I can tell
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2017, 07:08:24 PM »
Thats your problem then, you will need to find them and move them in.  I will look tomorrow to see if I can advise

Alan

tommyg

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »
Thanks Alan.

Doesn't explain how the laptop worked without my intervention and the tablet requires it. One of life's little mysteries again lol!
Tommyg