AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NooElec Dongle  (Read 10849 times)

Graemeyboy

NooElec Dongle
« on: July 27, 2017, 05:45:02 PM »
Can someone please help me !! My Radarbbox has died and I have purchased The above dongle . I have it set up and the Micro RB is shown as connected in the relevant box. However there are no planes showing on the map . The antenna is connected in the usual way and I dont know what to do next. ANY help would be gratefully appreciated. Thankyou.

Runway 31

Re: NooElec Dongle
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »
Graeme, did you download and install the Zadig drivers http://zadig.akeo.ie/cfor the dongle.  You need them to get the dongle to work.  Install into the RB drivers folder.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 06:53:26 PM by Runway 31 »

Graemeyboy

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 07:33:51 PM »
Thank you for you reply Alan. Yes I did download the drivers but didn't install them into the RB drivers folder !! That could well be the problem. I will reinstall everything tomorrow and do as you suggest and hopefully be alive again ! Many thanks for your help.
 Graeme.

Graemeyboy

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »
Hi Alan, Drivers extracted to Airnav Drivers folder as suggested but I am still not getting any aircraft on the map . The hardware box is green and reads Connected (Micro RB ). I have'nt a clue what to do now . If you have any other ideas I would be most grateful. Thankyou.

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 12:33:14 PM »
Are you getting them on the list?

Alan

Graemeyboy

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »
Hi Alan, SUCCESS . I upgraded to version six and low and behold my map was full of aircraft, I dont know if that was the only reason its working but who cares hoho. Many thanks for your help and maybe anyone else changing to a dongle should make sure they are on version six first.

Happy Days.

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
Sorry Graham I was assuming you were already on V6, it was built specifically for dongles.

Alan

Graemeyboy

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 01:00:09 PM »
Not your fault Alan, I should have upgraded a while ago and then I would have had avoided the problems I had .
Your immediate help and advice was greatly appreciated.
All the best
Graeme.

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 01:05:58 PM »
Glad you are up and running anyway

Alan

tommyg

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 10:44:36 AM »
Have just tried to set up my NooElec dongle but having issues as RB shows no hardware connected. Have uninstalled all previous versions and downloaded v6 and reloaded drivers and downloaded the zadig drivers but still no joy. The instructions for the zadig are non too clear. Any help appreciated as have download.ed the zadig drivers but still not showing any hardware connected. Can't see how to get the drivers into the RB driver file unless I am misunderstanding the whole download process.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 03:49:42 PM by tommyg »
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 06:22:32 PM »
Tommy

Hi Tommy

Plug in your stick

Download and run Zadig 2.3 from the website.  Options/List all devices and you should see RTL2838UHDIR on the second line, if not  click on the down arrow on the right of the second line next to edit to see all the USB devices.  Click on RTL2838UHIDIR and the Install/reinstall driver and let it do its thing.

Unplug and then plug in the stick

Start up RB V6 and on the start up splash screen you should see Micro RB - found, if you see that all should be OK when the software opens up.  Use your PGANRB number and password you used for your box on the start up screen.  I believe you need to be connected to the internet for the first start up but thereafter the internet is not needed for connecting

Alan

tommyg

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »
Thanks Alan. Will try tomorrow again. Had to reinstall both RB and my Planebase as tablet crashed.(again!)

Update : Got it working on my laptop but not my tablet!!! Both are WIN10 go figure that one.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:16:30 AM by tommyg »
Tommyg

tommyg

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 09:19:01 AM »
Alan.

Do you know what driver I should see on the NooElec as when I see the RTL etc in the top box it shows WINUSB in the left side box to WINUSB. I get no hardware connected when starting RB and no device showing.

Regards
Tommyg

Runway 31

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2017, 09:24:54 AM »
Is that on both units your laptop and your tablet or just the tablet.  I will need to run my W10 laptop to check it out but am just going out and will look when I get back. 

Is it a W10 tablet?

Alan

tommyg

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2017, 09:58:12 AM »
Alan. It's just the tablet. The laptop is working fine which is what is confusing me. I've looked at reinstalling on the laptop again to see if there is any difference otherwise I might return this dongle and get a replacement.
Tommyg