AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airnav Systems - Skyjacking  (Read 3742 times)

Judwin45

Airnav Systems - Skyjacking
« on: July 02, 2017, 05:03:35 PM »
I have just had an email promoting a 'new game' called Skyjacking supported by Airnav Systems.
What is it all about??
Is it good for our hobby??
Keith
5 miles south of EGDY

Runway 31

Re: Airnav Systems - Skyjacking
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 05:34:11 PM »
I wouldn't think so but then I am not a gamer

Alan

willdogg

Re: Airnav Systems - Skyjacking
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:00:24 AM »
Hi there, I'm Will

My friend and I have been building the Skyjacker game in our spare time. As such we've been learning a lot about airplane tracking since we started in January - I guess there are a few routes into this hobby!

Skyjacker is essentially a massive worldwide game of tag, using real airplanes flying above you, a bit like Pokemon Go meets RadarBox24. We loved using flight tracking apps, but we thought we could make an interesting AR game with the same data. We hope this means that flight tracking will appeal to more people outside the core aviation enthusiasts. I now have friends and family talking to me about aircraft types, worldwide airport codes, flight distances etc! Is this a good thing? We'll we do talk about the importance of ADS-B feeders for worldwide data coverage, and I know 2 people who have started feeding as they lived in relatively 'dark' areas as they wanted better coverage in their area. 

We use a data feed from AirNav Systems to power the game. At the moment the core game is there, but we're building and adding new features all the time.

Would be interested to hear what members thought of the game and happy to answer other questions you might have.

Cheers
Will